Translational Research Grants Awarded by the Michael Reese Research & Education Foundation
Project year 2014 - 2015:
- Damiano Rondelli, MD; Annie Oh, MD
- Preclinical model to prevent stem cell rejection in haploidentical transplant of selected CD34+ cells in sickle cell patients.
- Fei Chu, MD, PhD; Mary Beth Madonna, MD
- Effects of glycolysis inhibition in the development of drug resistance of neuroblastoma.
- Nausheen Akhter, MD; Kameswari Maganti, MD; Vera Rigolin, MD; William Gradishar, MD
- A prospective study of breast cancer patients with abnormal myocardial deformation treated with anthracycline and trastuzumab-based chemotherapies.
Project year 2015-2016
- Gail S Prins, PhD; Wen-Yang Hu, PhD
- Identification of estrogen targets in human prostate cancer stem cells.
- Pritseh Patel, MD; Damiano Rondelli, MD
- Inhibitors of DNA repair as new treatments for multiple myeloma.
- Richard D Minshall, PhD; Roberto Molokie, MD
- Novel Strategy for Preventing Microvascular Thrombosis in Sickle Cell Disease.
- Terry Moore, PhD; Sekhar Reddy, PhD
- Nrf2 activators to treat idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Jose Oberholzer, MD; Solomon Afelik, PhD
- Expansion of insulin-producing beta cells for diabetes therapy.
Project year 2017
- Lewis Hsu, MD, PhD
- Pediatric Sickle Cell Program at UIC
Project year 2018
- Dr Carlos Stocco
- FSH and IGF1 R signaling crosstalk in ovarian GCs
- Dr Steven Roth
- Risk factor analysis of perioperative visual loss
- Dr Tohru Yamada
- Development of a new fluorescent agent for intraoperative image-guided breast cancer surgery
- Dr Yuru Liu
- Regulation of type II cells in the repair of alveolar epithelial injury